Honoured is the only word that comes to mind! Selected as a Blog Award-winner by Various. I’m told I should publish the award, list seven things I like, and issue further awards.
I can’t do the first, so that will have to wait.
What do I like, then?
1. Sunshine & flowers & birdsong. Things to nurture the inner self
2. The buzz, buzz, buzz of the media world that keep the mind alert.
3. A G & T Sun-downer brimming with ice, preferably outdoors, overlooking the sea while waves crash on the rocks or turn on the sand. Gives me the courage to share my scintillating conversation with all and sundry.
4. Grand-daughter’s excited face as she invites me to come and see her play Polonius in a half-hour production of Hamlet on Thursday next. (She’s 10).
5. Tuscany in late summer, driving on on wonderful roads to visit Sienna – stuffed full of olives and tomatoes and local wine. Restaurants with crisp white table-cloths and shining glasses and silver cutlery and staff ready to dance attention on me and cater for my every whim. (They don’t come cheap!)
6. My Visa Card – that makes life possible whatever the bank balance.
7. Writers Morning in the Library, surrounded by friends and being challenged to pen an interesting piece on an impossible topic. Not to mention cream buns.
Hax Attack (see link on home page). Such a clever guy this is.
Various: Always fresh and exciting (or at least excited) about something. She’s not a comfortable cushion – but so vivid and colourful! And such a slave driver. I don’t know how laid-back Mr VC keeps up with her.
Oubliette: My weird friend who can find philosophy pouring from the mouths of babes and can conjure up a plot from a whisper flying through the air.
Matt Bolton for his intriguing poems.
Beedlemama who I hope will keep us informed about the prospective move to Wicklow – if she can get the car out of the clamp.